Interview with Laird Scranton, Author of the Velikovsky Heresies - March 2, 2013
Laird Scranton is the author of a trilogy of books about the Dogon tribe in Africa. Laird showcases their extensive scientific knowledge and goes far to show that their knowledge is ancient by connecting it to Egyptian and other civilizations symbolic structures. He shows complex ties to Egypt, as well as India. We discuss all of this in the first half of the show, including;
- Who were the original researchers of the Dogon?
- The Dogon Creation Story and it's connections to modern science.
- The role of Sirius in their mythology.
- The Nummo Fish.
- Egyptian connections.
- The dual meaning of symbols.
- How they retained the purity of their symbolism.
- Connections to Quantum, String, and Torsion Theory.
After that, we moved on to Laird's latest book, The Velikovsky Heresies. In this work, Laird compares the theories of Immanual Velikovsky, as presented in Worlds in Collision, published back in 1950 with current science and attempts to find if there is anything we have learned in the last 60 years that definitely proves or disproves Velikovsky's theories. Among other things, we discuss;
- Velikovsky's theory.
- The scientific world's reaction.
- What may have happened to Mars.
- The change in the length of the year.
- Characteristics of Venus that still resemble that of comets.
- Why he was attacked and the lengths his attackers went to.
- Carl Sagan's role.
You can find Laird's books at Inner Traditions and he has an unofficial website at www.LairdScranton.com
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/34/d161588478/htdocs/WDTRG/new/templates/gk_rockwall/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 151
- Laird Scranton - Primal Wisdom of the Ancients - Oct 3, 2020
- Decoding Maori Cosmology with Laird Scranton - July 21, 2018
- Seeking the Primordial with Laird Scranton - Part 2 of 2: Dec 30, 2017
- Seeking the Primordial with Laird Scranton - Part 1 of 2: Dec 23, 2017
- Laird Scranton on Skara Brae, the Dogon, Egypt, and more... - December 24, 2016
- John Anthony West and Laird Scranton on Ancient Cultures and Reality - April 28, 2015
- John Anthony West and Laird Scranton on Ancient Cultures and Reality - April 28, 2015 (Mid-Week Podcast)
- Point of Origin by Laird Scranton (2015)
- Laird Scranton on Point of Origin - March 21, 2015
- China's Cosmological Pre-History by Laird Scranton (2014)
- Laird Scranton on China's Cosmological Prehistory - September 27, 2014
- Wallace Thornhill on The Electric Universe - May 10, 2014
- Worlds in Collision by Immanuel Velikovsky (1950)
- The Velikovsky Heresies: Worlds in Collision and Ancient Catastrophes Revisited by Laird Scranton (2012)