Strange Familiars explores a variety of subjects in a combination of storytelling, reporting, interviews, and discussion. Cryptids, ghosts, folklore, mythology, and paranormal topics.
Our first cycle of episodes will explore some local legends from York County, Pennsylvania beginning with Toad Road and the Seven Gates of Hell. In our second episode we follow the Codorus Creek north into York city where we hear a tale of a singing corpse, discuss mystery lights, glowing red eyes, ghosts, and more – and we are rewarded with a photographic anomaly while we are there.
If you would like to help us continue to make Strange Familiars, get bonus content, t-shirts, stickers, and more rewards, you can become a patron at Patreon.
Episode 2 notes and links:
Much of the research for this episode was done for our first book, Beyond the Seventh Gate
Strange Familiars is a production of Dark Holler Arts, LLC. Music, art, podcasts, books, and more.
The song which closes this episode was The Singing Corpse which can be found on the Stone Breath album CRYPTIDS.
Episode 2 Images
2 views of Prospect Hill Cemetery
The Gate Lodge
Delilah Burnham’s monument
light anomalies at the Burnham monument
Come back in 2 weeks for episode 3, the conclusion of our debut 3-part series, when we go back to Toad Road for many more strange stories.
- Ghost Roads, Bigfoot, and High Strangeness with Timothy Renner - November 24, 2018
- Strange Familiars: Episode 41: Black Eyed Children
- Strange Familiars: Episode 38: Chasing the Elusive Pennsylvania Bigfoot
- The Rabbit Hole Experience with Michael Robartes - September 29, 2018
- Bigfoot in Devil's Creek with Clint Granberry - September 15, 2018