Above all, this was a fun book to read. Paul is a good storyteller, and can flesh out his experiences and theories in a very entertaining way. This is not about hard science and proving the paranormal. This is about experiences, and the bigger picture. Throughout this book, you get to know Paul a bit. His personality shines through, and he is not shy with his opinions. The essence of the idea here is that the paranormal, in it's many facets, is a work of art of a higher intelligence. That may sound a bit odd, but as you read through, and Paul clarifies what he means by art, it makes more and more sense. In this sense, art is communication. Paul covers ghosts, UFO's, shadow people, synchronicity, alternate universes, the observer effect, reincarnation, and much more. It all kind of interweaves.
Paul discusses his TV show, Ghost Cases, and suggests that ghosts are not what the general consensus believes. He has some pretty fascinating experiences, and you get to follow through his mindset and how it leads to this bigger idea. Throughout it all, you will also get a bit of more obscure history thrown in here and there. He covers an array of synchronicities that happened to him over a short period of time, and what it meant to him. Interpretation is key in the paranormal. And this is a fresh and thought proving way to view it. There is a chapter on time travel, for example, that serves as much as anything, as a thought experiment, and suggests some new ideas.
Overall, if you are interested in the paranormal, and have a somewhat open mind, pick up this book. You will likely enjoy it. If nothing else, it may get you thinking about things in a different way.
- Steph Young's Masquerade Podcast: Episode 4 - Evidence of Time Travellers?
- Consciousness, Speculation, and Seeing the Un-see-able
- Midweek Podcast with Paul Kimball on The Best Evidence for UFO's - January 31, 2014
- The Chaos Conundrum by Aaron John Gulyas (2013)
- Mid-week Podcast with Paul Kimball: Hypnosis and Alien Abduction - October 31, 2013
- Strange Intruders by David Weatherly (2013)
- Mountain of the Dead: The Dyatlov Pass Incident by Keith McCloskey (2013)
- Mid-Week Podcast: 911 and Conspiracy Theories with Paul Kimball - September 18, 2013
- Interview with Paul Kimball, Author of The Other Side of Truth - April 20, 2013
- LightQuest: Your Guide to Seeing and Interacting with UFOs, Mystery Lights and Plasma Intelligences by Andrew Collins (2012)
- Supernatural: Meetings with the Ancient Teachers of Mankind by Graham Hancock (2006)
- DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences by Rick Strassman M.D. (2000)
- Communion by Whitley Strieber (1987)
Latest from Seriah Azkath
- Psychological Terminology and The Paranormal - Part 1: November 17, 2017
- Strange Familiars: Episode 20: Site 7 Experiences, Part 2
- Walter Bosley on The Empire of the Wheel - Part 1 of 2 - November 11, 2017
- Tom DeLonge Roundtable - November 10, 2017
- Personal Paranormal Stories and Travis Walton - November 4, 2017